neat things about snails:
- they hibernate! it doesn’t even have to be winter either sometimes theyre just not really feeling it so they get extra gooey and sleep it off
- most snails live at least 5 years but if they aren’t eaten or squished they can keep on bein cool ass gastropods for up to 30 years!!
- they are very romantic. they won’t mate with another snail until they’ve gently communicated with one another, just talkin, for at least a couple hours
- they leave a trail of slime that reduces friction and actually lets them crawl upside down, around corners, and even across a razor blade without gettin hurt which verifies that they are, in fact, hardcore as hell
- every snail has both sets of reproductive organs but they need another snail to reproduce. they exchange sperm and both lay eggs after mating!
- they have thousands of teeth on their tongue which is actually kind of scary and makes me uncomfortable
- they will literally just eat dirt if there’s nothin better that’s how chill they are
- they are actually very buff and can lift things 10 times their weight
- they are moon creatures, they sleep all day and party all night
- they look extremely good in hats
quick concepts for some ideas of spirits i had. from left to right:
- the keeper: guardian of cemeteries - makes sure graves remain clean and never without flowers.
- crywolf: once thought to be a trickster spirit that led travelers to their doom, this spirit’s actual intent is to help travelers discover unmarked graves of murder victims.
- the cacophony: will appear to some individuals - serves the same purpose as a banshee.
- the rat king: a spirit of vengeance, unleashed upon those who hurt others.
- the lure: an otherworldly being that feeds on lost souls - will lure them close and devour them whole.
- the guardian: a watchful sloth spirit that comforts the spirit of dead children, allowing them to paint his fur.
If you are an artist, when you get stuck, draw bigger and on tracing paper when you are stuck. Consider this manual photoshop. Use scissors, trace, refine.
If you are a writer, when you get stuck, get a pad of paper and at least two colors of pen that contrast. When you get stuck, use your “replace this with actual language later” color. Just write what you want to say. “Make angry hero cry as villain drinks amazing latte. Figure out words later.”
If you get stuck in life, clean up your area and think about how big, and how small, the universe is. Either direction is practically infinite, suspending you in the middle.
If you are fey, remember when you weren’t. It will build compassion when you deal with mortals.
If you are a potato, please advise us how you use the Internet. We have so many questions, sentient spud bud.
for a moment i thought the title was about something else and now all my future characters wiil be helpful evil instead of something boring like chaotic evil
Mine Kafon by Massoud Hassani
Hassani, a product designer from Afganistan, build (by hand) a wind-powered device that trips land mines as it rolls across the ground. It is made using bamboo and biodegradable products.
Many of these mines are active and near populated areas in countries like Afganistan and are hard to remove. The UN says that one mine clearance specialist is killed, and two injured, for every 5,000 mines cleared.
Hassani’s cheap and easy to make method has been achieving great results.
In a world of overcomplicated solutions, we need more people who think “Wait, why don’t we just roll a giant freaking ball over it?”
this guy made a katamari for landmines
Michele Carragher, the head embroider on Game of Thrones, made this awesome tutorial to show how she created the dragonscale fabric that appears on several of Daenarys’ costumes in S3 and S4.
Ms. Carragher says that the dragonscale fabric was created because “In season 3 the Costume Designer Michele Clapton wanted a Dragonscale like textured embroidery that starts to emerge on three of Daenery’s costumes, which becomes heavier and more pronounced, growing and evolving as the season progresses” (Carragher).
In stages 9-11 of the tutorial we see how the textile evolves from lightly to heavily embellished. This progression is meant to illustrate Daenarys’ personal growth and the growth of her dragons (source).
Don’t care about Game of Thrones but that shit is cool
I didn’t learn about sewing as much as I learned that, no matter what she currently gets, Ms Carragher isn’t paid enough.